Tuesday, October 14, 2014

10-13-14

Hello everyone!
 
Wasn't General conference incredible? Oh! It was such a blessing! And let me tell you, Sister Madsen and I have been making a lot of changes in order to be more obedient and follow the Lord. Haha, and let me tell you, it has not been easy! We've definitely faced some dragons the past couple of days but it has been so worth it. And the Lord has been blessing us immensely. Just the other day we got a referral about a girl who has been taught the first three lessons, is on date, and lives in our apartment complex. What a blessing! Also we went to a restaurant the other day and we ended up getting our waiter's information and said that we would get in contact with him shortly. (He also paid for our dessert which was so sweet of him!)
 
My back is just about the same, but I've been going to see the chiropractor every week and that's been helping a little bit. Haha, she's been having me fix my posture and change the way that I walk so that (hopefully) I won't be getting so many sprained ankles and so that my knees and my back will be able to feel better. She's also been giving me some stretches and exercises to help me improve. Also, I talked to President Bennion about it as well. He wanted me to go and see a doctor so I'll be seeing one on Wednesday and we'll be able to figure out what he has to say. But President said that if this keeps getting worse and that they can't get things figure out, they might have to send me home to take a break for a month and a half and then see how I feel afterwards. I hope that it doesn't come to that, but I don't really know. Hopefully, we'll be able to find a way for this to improve. But whether I stay out in the field or end up going home, I'm at peace with either decision. I know that whatever happens, it will be the will of the Lord and all that I can do is the best that I can. And it's okay :)
 
Let me tell you, this week has definitely been one that's been a trial of my faith and courage. But it has been so incredible. I have seen so many blessings from our efforts and I'm excited and hopeful for what the future will bring. Also, I am soooooooo grateful for the Atonement. I am so grateful for its healing, strengthening and lifting power. How grateful I am for my Savior Jesus Christ, who loves me no matter what I do. And I love that as long as we lean on His arm, keep the commandments, and have faith in Him, we are able to do all things. Life truly is wonderful and I am so grateful to be serving the Lord at this time. I love ya'll! Have a great day!
 
Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment