Sunday, January 11, 2015

1-5-14

Hello hello!! I hope that all is going well!
Thank you so much for the birthday package!! I love it oh so very much :) I'm excited to read that story today (I've been saving it for when I actually have a few minutes to just not worry about anything). And I'm really really really excited to get more. Also, a fun little surprise, Sister Grayson ended up decorating the apartment for my birthday. She made this Huge sign of Happy Birthday Sister Petersen and then decorated around my desk too. And I'm pretty sure that she told the members that we were eating dinner with that night that it was my birthday too, so we ended up eating cake, and I got a vase of flowers and a blue forget me not book. It was so sweet of them!!
I would love to watch that movie as soon as I get home! I actually think that I've seen part of it, and what I remember of it, it was really cute. AWE I'm SO jealous that you're going to the zoo!! Take lots of pictures please :D And that's so exciting that Andy got put on date dad!! Isn't the Spirit so wonderful?? I love it so much :)
Hahaha, I'm glad that you guys finally got the lights taken down. (Even though I actually liked turning them on every so often to give our house a little flare ;P) For New Years, we actually got to go on exchanges, so I went over to the Coal Mountain ward with Sister Childs which was so fun :) We got Wendy's to celebrate and then set our alarm to go off at midnight so we could welcome the New Year. And funnest of all, there were fireworks that went off right by our window which was Super fun!! When the alarm went off, I just said Happy New Year and then went right to bed :P I was way too tired.
Fun news! We have a girl on date for baptism on January 17th!! Which is so awesome! She's twelve years old and I guess the sisters have been working for her for awhile, but we've finally got her on date again and her family is okay for her to get baptized. It was so awesome! Also, another family that we've been working with actually came to church on Sunday!! It was SO great to see them :D The dad had been baptized a little while ago, but he had been so ill for the past few months that he hasn't been able to make it to church, but we've been visiting them just about every week. The rest of his family aren't members, but his two boys did end up showing up at church which was also a miracle! His wife was planning on coming, but ended up not being able to (if she had made it that would have been the biggest miracle of all) The missionaries have been working with this family for Years and years. So who knows what's going to happen in the next while :P
Anyways, things are going good. They're not perfect, but they're better than they have been :) I'll send you another letter in the mail that's more specific, but I am surviving and it truly is all thanks to the Lord. He has been blessing me so much with so many little miracles and I am so grateful for Him. I hope that ya'll have a fantastic week! I love you!
Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment