Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5-5-14


Hello hello!!

Well! I'm super jealous that you're headed up to the cabin! But that's super exciting :) And we BETTER take a road trip up there right when I get home! I am SO Stoked for that!! 

This week went pretty well. There's not much that happened. A couple of people dropped us and we've just been on the run trying to hunt down more investigators and schedule appointments. So we pretty much ended up tracting quite a bit and meeting with less actives and members. BUT one of our investigators ended up coming to church for all three hours :D It was soooo awesome! She's a really sweet older lady and the other sisters had started meeting with her since January, so we've been working with her for quite a while. But she's been making her way through the Book of Mormon and we've taught a few times. So I'm pretty excited about it!

And Phone Call! We're planning on calling at 7:00 pm over here. Sorry it's not later, but that's the time that works out best for both of us and the people that we're going over to. I can try and get the Gashler's to text you the information so you'll know it :) Oh! And I have a HUGE favor. Transfers aren't this week, they're the next week and when Sister DeBry leaves I'm going to be pathetically short on good music. (Like I've been dying already.) I don't know if you guys would be willing to send me some more CDs, but music gets really old. Really Fast. I don't know if you want to send Motab or anything, but I really really would appreciate some more music. It mainly needs to be gospel centered. But I would really appreciate it! (I've been aching inside for some good Seussical or Wicked music, so if there's any way to find some music that's a musical that's about Jesus Christ or Joseph Smith or whatever that you can belt to. I would be sooooo happy. Not that I'm not already happy, haha I've just been craving for some music :P )

To answer Dad's questions: for P-days we usually end up just cleaning the apartment and emailing. The time for emailing varies, but I tend to be on at around 11:00. Soooo if we timed it right, we could be emailing at the same time and be able to talk back and forth. I can't message, but emailing is usually pretty quick. So if you wanted to try that next time that would be really fun :) Next week we'll probably be on more around 12:00 since we're emailing first this week. And yeah we do most of our shopping on p-days and sometimes members feed us in the evenings. In the past we've been going over to a less active and sharing a little spiritual thought, but she's been canceling on us quite a bit recently so i'm not quite sure what to think about that :/ Also recently we've been hanging out with the other sisters that are in our ward. And today we had Sister's day! So we went and hung out with the sister missionaries in our zone and had a yummy breakfast and a fun water balloon toss game/water balloon fight :)

It's crazy to think that I'm just about almost done being trained 0.0... and I have no idea what I'm going to do when I get a new companion. (We're pretty sure Sister DeBry is leaving. She's stayed here for three transfers already, and that's about the most a missionary usually stays in an area. Although Sister Stout has stayed in Webb Bridge for about four transfers. So... who knows? :) But usually a trainer doesn't stay with their trainee more than the first two transfers, at least, that's what everyone keeps telling me :)

And yes I did get the soap! I haven't started using it yet. (I'm considering just leaving it by my bed so I don't have to worry too much about bugs in the night. Maybe I'll just cut it in half so I can keep one there and use one in the bathroom :P I am NOT excited about the mosquitoes... Oh oh!! speaking about the quote you sent me about flowers, there are a Bazillion magnolia trees here!! So I'm Stoked to see their flowers! The buds are just starting to appear so I'm getting excited for the huge flowers to come :D 

Anyways, life is grand. I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well and that things are starting to warm up. (Although I'm sure you're not excited for the hundred degree weather :P ) Things are warming up around here as well. It hasn't gotten humid yet, but this week should be in the eighties with a lovely cool breeze. :P Haha, we'll see how Arizona heat compares to Georgia heat. I get the feeling that Georgia is just going to be dog gone worse since I'm going to have to be walking in the weather. Ah well :)

I hope that ya'll have a wonderful week! I'm excited to see and hear from you on Mother's day! I love you all!

Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment