Monday, September 22, 2014

9-22-14

Dear Fam,
 
Hello hello! How is everyone doing? I'm so sorry to hear the news about London! That's so awful! I can't imagine that happening. I hope that her family is doing okay.
 
WHAT!??? Danielle is having twins!!??? Haha, oh my goodness that's going to be CRAZY!! But that's super exciting! Tell her congrats for me! And that's so exciting about Andrew and Amy!! Congratulations to them for their baby boy :D That's so much fun!
 
Well, we survived the transfer! Sister Madsen is staying for another six weeks! And the work is actually starting to improve more. (Which is such a nice change!) We've got a couple more people that we're teaching. The elders gave us a referral and she was a rockin first lesson! Her name is Kimberly and she's fourteen years old. When we met her she just told us that she was looking for a church and for a place that would answer her questions. The spirit was just soooooo powerful when we taught her the first lesson! She said that she would pray about it and read the Book of Mormon. It was so awesome! We've got another appointment with her this friday, so hopefully all will go well :)
 
I think I've mentioned this before, but something has really struck me the last couple of weeks in my studies and overall about missionary work and life. It's really about loving people. That's what this life is pretty much all about. Loving the people around you and helping them come closer to Christ. I mean you think about it, Jesus Christ and God are all about relationships. They want us to build a relationship with them and to build a relationship with our families, our spouses, our children, our friends, and just with everyone around us. Nothing else really matters. Wealth, fame, power, worldly pursuits... it really doesn't matter at all. The way that you gain confidence is by having a firm relationship with the Lord and knowing where you stand with Him. And I think that's so fascinating. When you are a righteous person, and you have charity towards all men, then your confidence can wax strong in the Lord. (I can't remember where that scripture is, but I'm pretty sure it's in the Doctrine and Covenants.)
 
I love that quote from Miguel de Cervantes. It's so true. Our greatest foes are ourselves. We make the choice to be happy no matter our circumstances. We choose to smile and have a positive attitude even in the face of discouragement. I love that quote :)
 
I hope that ya'll have a wonderful week! I love and miss you so much! Take care :)
 
Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment