Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3-9-15

Dear Fam,

Hello hello! How is everyone doing?? Things in Suwanee are going wonderful :) The work in and of itself is a little slow at the moment, but I love it here and I'm loving my companion, so I have no complaints :D

A lot of what we've been doing this week is just following up with our potentials and going through the area book to see if there are any former investigators in our old teaching pool that we can try and see again. Ha, all of the investigators that we did have, have basically been dropped/given to members to work with (there's been a lot of talk about faith and works and grace and a lot of dialogue that we thought would be better for the members here to work with rather than us :) ) But we've been getting email updates about them, so maybe eventually they'll enter the waters of baptism :)

Well, had another lovely encounter with dark forces from the other side and we had to get our apartment here blessed. It was nothing super serious or intense except that I had just had one of the most intense nightmares of my life and Sister Davenport kept getting a lot of anxiety at night. I kept feeling nervous at night as well and it just felt like things were off. When the elders came to bless it, they agreed that it felt really heavy in our apartment. But now it's blessed and things feel SOO much better which is definitely nice (And I can get a good night's sleep without freaking out!!) So that's been a huge blessing.

Since we've been getting a lot of people who have been talking about the difference between being saved by grace rather than works, I've been doing a lot of studies on it lately. I still don't completely understand it, but it involves the Atonement, and my mind has a hard time grasping all of that, so it makes sense :P. But I would say that it is completely and 100% that we are saved by grace. We would never be able to return back into the presence of God without his Grace and Atonement. We are asked to be obedient and to do certain things in order to receive the full blessings of the Atonement, but even then, we wouldn't be able to do any of those things without the mercy and Grace of God and Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It all seems to really tie into together. I don't know, it's just interesting stuff :)

Anyways, things are going good :) I hope that all is well with y'all! (I also learned that I've been spelling y'all wrong my whole mission... Oops :P) I love you! I hope y'all have a blessed day!

Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment