Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4-20-15

Hello my wonderful Family :)

Well! This past week has been crazy! (A good and a bad kind of crazy ;P ) Transfers went well and Sister Pi is now in Suwanee! She's a real sweetheart and has an awesome sense of humor. :P She's normally quiet, but boy once we're about to go to bed we have the longest discussions! Haha, when we had our conversation last night I just thought this, "Note to self: I need to start writing in my journal in the morning because once it's dark, Sister Pi loves to Talk! :P" Which is so funny because she's more quiet during the day. But she's very brave, and isn't afraid to be bold with people and have her way. Maybe it's just Taiwanese culture to be more quiet?? Ah well, I just call her my crazy Asian friend :) I just hope that I don't start falling asleep on her because it's gotten a lot easier for me to sleep at night! (Thank goodness :) ) It's all good though :) And the bad kind of crazy is just the stress of taking over an area, but that's pretty normal and should settle after awhile :) 

A lot of miracles this week. The work has been picking up slightly! We've got a lot more appointments with members this week and we're planning on teaching a part member family on Tuesday! Which is so great and such a blessing. We also have another part member family that we're planning on seeing soon. I guess the husband hasn't been to church in thirty years, but his wife happens to be from China :] And just so happens to speak fluent Mandarin.... And what do you know, I just got a companion who just so happens to speak Mandarin :] Coincidence? I Think NOT!! So I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet with them and help them to come to church. 

Oh! Another crazy cool miracle. We ended up making an appointment with a half active, half less active family and visited them yesterday. I honestly didn't know what to expect because I had never met them before. But when we got there, the woman was just really open that her husband had cancer. The visit ended up just being us and her. But anyways, she said that They were winning the fight. (The doc gave them 3-4 months to live. And they were running at 13 now). But she was just so afraid to lose him. She kept saying how much he was just her best friend and that she loved him so much and she couldn't handle the thought of saying goodbye to him. (They're in their early forties). And so she's just been running. She's been running away from the church, from everyone, and has been working 24/7 because she doesn't want to have to think about it. She kept saying over and over that she knew God's plan, she knew God loved her, but she just couldn't accept the idea of saying goodbye to her husband. She wouldn't do it. I just had to give her the biggest hug and I just started crying. The spirit was just so strong, and I just felt so much of her pain. She just didn't know what to do except run, but all she really wanted was to live. It just broke my heart. But we were able to just listen to her and she was able to come to the conclusion that she really needed to get her family sealed in the temple. She said that she wasn't ready for that yet, but she knew that we would help her to get there. (She's afraid that if she does go to the temple, that that will start the process in where she might have to let go of her husband and she does NOT want to have to do that.) And I just figure that's fine. Right now, I think she really just needed someone to listen to her and tell her that she's okay. That what she's doing is okay. And no one wants to force her to have to do anything. But we're seeing her again this Thursday and going out to Breakfast, which I'm really excited about :) She just wants to be able to have a good time with someone and not have to worry about what's happening. To be able to really live and not feel like she has to run. And honestly, who wouldn't want that?

Anyways, other than that, things are going well :) The work continues to move forward and we're keeping busy :) I miss y'all and think about you all the time! I hope that y'all have a blessed week!

Love ya!
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment