Monday, April 13, 2015

4-12-15

Hi Family!

Well, Transfers are here and Sister Davenport is heading out to Fort Yargo to white wash train!!! She's getting a brand new missionary on Wednesday and is going to her area blind!! I'm super excited for her though! She's awesome and confident and I know she's going to do amazing things there in Fort Yargo. 

My new companion is going to be Sister Pi (Said like Sister Bee). I believe she is from Taiwan, but I'm excited because I got to come with her to the mission back in December and I hung out with her on the Marta. She's super sweet and really awesome and I'm excited to get to know her more. I'm not quite sure how much her English has improved. We will see :) But I'm really excited about it!! 

Anything exciting?? Hmm... well we have an appointment on Tuesday which is Super exciting! We met this man a little while ago and have been going over to his house a couple of times just to see how he was doing and if he wanted to learn more. And he actually asked a lot of sincere questions and went to the right websites. And he said that we could come back and teach him more so we're really excited about that! Other than that, we've just been building relationships with the members and it has been so wonderful to get to know the people here.

Ohhh goodness. Okay, total craziness this weekend. So, do you ever get that feeling that everything just seems to happen all at once? Well, that's been happening with me and Sister Davenport this week. Haha! So, basically she found out the news that she was white wash training which is super stressful in and of itself. She also found out that her family is more than likely going to be moving to Tennessee due to her dad trying to find a job (all this while she's out in the field. Which is insane) We also found out that we were going to be getting our carpets replaced the exact same day as our P-Day when we want to be able to pack and get things ready for transfers right? Well, we had to get EVERYTHING off of our carpets and move it onto the tiles. (Everything, tables, desks, our mattresses.... ridiculous. Therefore, no packing until carpeting is done...) Not to mention my doctor appointments which were happening also on the same day. And Sister Davenport really wanted to be able to get pictures with everyone and be able to say goodbye of course since she's been here for six months now. And then come to find out today, being P-day of course when all of this is going on :P, our carpets aren't going to be replaced and that they have to reschedule. D: Honestly, when I found out about that, I just laughed and laughed. It was So ridiculous!! So we'll have to get all of our furniture back in place and then scramble to get everything packed and ready to go for transfers. I tell you what! Sometimes you really feel like you're just being pecked to death by a duck!! But, today had a lot of tender mercies and little miracles that we've just been able to laugh and have a good time even though all of these crazy things are happening. I figure, the Lord has a plan, and everything works out in the end. He's helping things to move forward smoothly. Sometimes life just gets a little hecktic and all you can do is laugh :) . 

Well, I hope that everyone is doing well! I'm excited about the reunion and that you get to go and visit Dallas and Helen soon!! Send pictures :D I'm glad the kiddos are doing well! I love them so much and I love y'all!! Have a blessed week!

Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment