Monday, February 23, 2015

2-23-15

Dear Family,

That sounds like SOOO much fun :) Mom we will definitely have to go again the next time!! I'm glad to hear that things are going well back home! 

It is definitely cold! But thankfully we have a good heater in the car, and I've been staying warm :) Cyriacus came to church!! That was SO wonderful to see! I was so happy to see him there. He missed the Sacrament, but made it to the rest of the talks. We also had a lesson with him last week. Haha, when we tried to put him on date, he was like "Yes! Yes I want to follow the example of my Savior!" And we didn't even get to the part of baptism. But then Sister Roundy brought up baptism again and he said that he would have an answer after he went to our church. So we're going to meet with him again this week as soon as possible to find out what he thought. 

Well, I've got some interesting news for ya'll. I'm being Emergency transfered to Suwanee. I head out this Wednesday to be with Sister Davenport. I haven't heard anything about her, so I don't really know what to expect :P Her companion is having to go home due to some kind of disease with her heart (I didn't quite grab all of the details on that). But yeah... :) I'm a little bummed about it, but President came over to our apartment himself and told me that I was being sent over there. We're the only trio in the mission so it makes sense that one of us would have to go. However, I'm moving forward towards another adventure!! I'm excited to see what Suwanee is like. I know that it's further north, but other than that I have no idea. It's not as far as Dahlonega was, but it's in the same zone.

So off topic :P, in our study room, we're right next to a window. Since Spring is coming closer the birds are singing again outside. It's weird to think that it's been a year since I first came out. It just made me reflect a little bit. Everything in Georgia is the same. It's the same mission. The outside is the same. The seasons are still the same and the trees are the same. I'm still on the same mission, doing the exact same thing. But I'm not the same :P It's just kind of funny the difference of feelings that I have now. My worries and concerns are different than what they were before. I just feel a lot calmer inside and more at peace. I am sad to be leaving after such a short time, but I'm satisfied with how I've worked in this area. I've done a lot of clean up here (the area book was a mess, we had two of them and most of the records weren't in our area anymore). And I just feel so blessed by the Lord. I feel like each circumstance I'm going through is preparing me for the future. Having companions that were Emergency Transferred here, has prepared me a little for this transfer. What kind of an attitude that I want to have, and how I want to deal with this trial. It's going to be hard, but God is near and I am so grateful for that :) 

I hope that ya'll are having a good one! Have a blessed day :) I love you and I am so grateful for all that you do! Thanks for the letters. Thanks for the emails. Thanks for the stories and the pictures :) I appreciate them all so much! I miss ya'll! Take care :)

Just Believe,
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment